The application process for Sangam House Season 15 is now open.
Our next residency will run from November 1, 2022 -- January 31, 2023. We will be located in Bangalore at The Jamun.
Residencies will be granted in one-month cohorts. (November 1-30, December 1-31 and January 1-31.) In some cases, shorter residencies are possible.
Please upload the following three documents, each as a separate file:
1. A brief (2 pages, maximum) statement about your work history, referencing publications, performances and writing credits. This can be submitted in CV format.
2. A one page description of the work to be undertaken while at Sangam House.
3. A writing sample, no more than 50 pages. (Please be sure to indicate if the writing is published or unpublished; if it is published please provide details.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Writing sample does NOT have to be an English translation; please submit your writing sample in your mother tongue. All other documentation must be submitted in English.
In the “Cover Letter” field please be sure to provide the following information:
1. Date of Birth
3. Country of Residency
4. The language in which you write
5. Your preferred residency dates. Please provide first and second preferences.
In addition to these requirements, every applicant must arrange to have a letter of recommendation submitted. The letter can be provided by a fellow writer, teacher, editor, literary agent, or any informed individual who can speak to your character and work.
The letter should be uploaded directly by the referee and NOT by the applicant. Letters uploaded by the applicant will not be considered and the application will be considered incomplete.
To be considered for a 2022-2023 residency, all materials from the applicant must be received electronically by the end of the day, June 30, 2022. This includes the cover letter, work history, project description and work sample.
Letters of Recommendation must be received by end of day, July 11, 2022.
Notification for all selection decisions will be given by August 15.