There are presently no open calls for applications.
The application deadline was: 30 June 2015.
The 2015-2016 Sangam House session dates are: October 2,
2015-January 29, 2016
length of a residency is four weeks but the length of stay granted can vary
between 2-6 weeks.
Please upload the following three documents, each as a separate file:
1. A brief (2 pages, maximum) statement about your work history, referencing publications, performances and writing credits. This can be submitted in CV format.
2. A one page description of the work to be undertaken while at Sangam House.
3. A writing sample, no more than 50 pages. (Please be sure to indicate if the writing is published or unpublished; if it is published please provide details.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Writing sample does NOT have to be an English translation; please submit your writing sample in your mother tongue. All other documentation must be submitted in English.
In the “Cover Letter” field please be sure to provide the following information:
1. Date of Birth
3. Country of Residency
4. The language in which you write
5. Your preferred dates for a Sangam House residency
In addition to these requirements, every applicant must arrange to have a letter of recommendation submitted online separately. The letter can be provided by a fellow writer, teacher, editor, literary agent, or any informed individual who can speak to your character and work.
The individual submitting your letter of recommendation will need to establish a Submittable account in his or her own name. The referee must upload a letter with the accompanying title section filled in as follows:
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FOR (YOUR FULL NAME)
The letter of recommendation should be uploaded directly by the referee and NOT by the applicant. Letters uploaded by the applicant will not be considered and the application will be considered incomplete.
To be considered for a 2016 residency, your application (including separate letter of recommendation) must be received electronically by the end of the day, June 30, 2015.
Please ensure that the person who writes your letter of support is not a referee for any other Sangam House candidate this year.
forward to receiving your application.
All notifications will be given by August 15, 2015.